This is the post excerpt.
Maine Student Book Award A project of: Maine Library Association, Maine Association of School Libraries, and Maine Literacy Council. 2017-2018 Reading List (2016 copyright)
Suggested Reading List for Grades 4-6 (Titles not in bold are on both 4th-6th and 6th-8th lists)
- Anderson, John David. Ms. Bixby’s Last Day. HarperCollins.
- Angleberger,Tom and Dellinger, Paul. Fuzzy. Amulet Books.
- Bauer, Joan. Soar. Viking.
- Bauer, MMarion Dane. Little Cat’s Luck. Simon & Schuster.
- Bryan, Ashley. Freedom Over Me: Eleven Slaves, Their Lives and Dreams Brought to Life. Atheneum.
- Burg, Ann E. Unbound: A Novel in Verse. Scholastic Press.
- Cecil, Randy. Lucy. Candlewick.
- Connor, Leslie. All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook. HarperCollins.
- Dinerstein, Eric. What Elephants Know: A Novel. Disney Hyperion.
- Dumas, Firoozeh. It Ain’t So Awful Falafel. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Fantaskey, Beth. Isabel Feeney, Star Reporter. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Grimes, Nikki. Garvey’s Choice. Highlights.
- Harrington, Karen. Mayday. Little, Brown and Company.
- Hatke, Ben. Mighty Jack. First Second.
- Hennessey, M.G. The Other Boy. HarperCollins.
- Howard, Eva. League of Archers. Aladdin.
- Huey, Lois Miner. Forgotten Bones: Uncovering a Slave Cemetery. MillbrookPress Jenkins, Steve. Animals By the Numbers: A Book of Infographics. Mifflin Harcourt. Korman, Gordon. Slacker. Scholastic Press.
- Leonard, M.G. Beetle Boy. Chicken House/Scholastic.
- MacHale, D.J. Curse of the Boggin (hardcover) Surrender the Key (paperback). Random House.
- Markell, Denis. Click Here to Start: A Novel. Delacorte Press.
- Marsh, Katherine. The Door By the Staircase. Disney Hyperion.
- McGee, Ron. Ryan Quinn and the Rebel’s Escape. HarperCollins.
- Nesbet, Anne. Cloud and Wallfish. Candlewick Press.
- Peck, Richard. The Best Man. Dial Books.
- Philbrick, W. Rodman. The Big Dark. Scholastic Press.
- Plourde, Lynn. Maxi’s Secrets: (Or What You Can Learn from a Dog). Nancy Paulsen Books.
- Ponti, James. Framed!: A T.O.A.S.T. Mystery. Aladdin.
- Raczka, Bob. Wet Cement: A Mix of Concrete Poems. Roaring Brook Press.
- Reynolds, Jason. Ghost. Atheneum.
- Rhodes, Jewell Parker. Towers Falling. Little, Brown and Company.
- Sales, Leila. Once Was A Time. Chronicle Books.
- Sweet, Melissa. Some Writer!: The Story of E. B. White. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Thomson, Sarah L. The Eureka Key (Secrets of the Seven). Bloomsbury.
- Walliams, David. Demon Dentist. HarperCollins.
- Weeks, Sarah. Save Me A Seat. Scholastic Press.
Libraries are quickly changing. More and more people are purchasing and downloading books on their devices. I want to remind patrons at Hubbard Free Library that you don’t have to purchase books; download them from our website! If you need help please contact your local , friendly librarian.
Please join us Thursday January 12, 2017 at 6:30 to hear Kevin and Linda’s compelling story of survival and recovery. Books will be available for purchase.
Children would you like to give grandma, mom , someone special, or maybe give yourself a gift for Christmas? Come to the library this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11.a.m and make a Snow Globe!
We will be celebrating Hanukah ! We will be hosting the Festival of Lights from 12:30-1:30, everyone is welcome!
When: Saturday December 10th 10 -4
Gingerbread House Contest drop off 9-930
judging @ 3
Santa is here 12-1:30
Music with Pat Pepin 2-3:30
Hubbard Free Library will be closed this Friday November 11th to honor our veteran’s. Thank you to all the men and women who serve and protect our country. We will be open Saturday morning at 10 a.m.